IBM Certified Deployment Professional - SmartCloud Control Desk V7.5.1 IT Asset Management
Job Role Description / Target Audience
An IBM Certified Deployment Professional - SmartCloud Control Desk V7.5.1 IT Asset Management is a technical professional responsible for configuring asset life cycle management of an IBM SmartCloud Control Desk V7.5.1 IT Asset Management solution. This individual will be expected to perform these tasks with limited assistance from peers, product documentation, and support resources.
Key areas of competency:
- Describe the IBM SmartCloud Control Desk V7.5.1 IT Asset Management architecture and components.
- Configure the asset life cycle management (hardware/software) including inventory, assets, licenses, contracts, deployed assets, purchasing, work management, reconciliation, software auditing.
- Describe the business and technical concepts of IT Asset Management.
- Describe the business and technical concepts of License Management.
- Configure and understand the use of the Tivoli Integration Composer.
- Perform problem determination for an IBM SmartCloud Control Desk V7.5.1 IT Asset Management solution.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
Required Prerequisite Skills:
- Knowledge of IT asset management lifecycle and license management - Skill level 3
- Knowledge of association between IT Asset Management and service request management and change and configuration management processes. - Skill level 2
- Knowledge of application servers (WebSphere Application Server and WebLogic Server) - Skill level 2
- Knowledge of operating systems, networking, and firewall concepts - Skill level 2
- Knowledge of the Software Knowledge Base Toolkit. - Skill level 2
- Knowledge of security (SSL, data encryption, system user accounts, directory servers) - Skill level 1
- Knowledge of protocols including HTTP, SNTP and LDAP - Skill level 1
- Knowledge of databases such as DB2 and Oracle - Skill level 2
- Knowledge of discovery tools - Skill level 1
- Knowledge of XML - Skill level 1
Skill level 1: Familiarity with basic functionality and concepts, may need to rely on assistance from documentation or other resources.
Skill level 2: Working knowledge of functionality and concepts, can use product or explain concepts with little or no assistance.
Skill level 3: Substantial experience with functionality or concepts, can teach others how to use functionality or explain concepts.
Skill level 4: Extensive and comprehensive experience with functionality or concepts, can create or customize code, architecture, or processes.
Requires 2 tests:
- IBM SmartCloud Control Desk V7.5 Fundamentals
- IBM SmartCloud Control Desk V7.5.1 IT Asset Management Implementation
This certification requires 2 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
Find out how this change will impact you now and in the future.
Test Study Guides
Let us help you prepare for your certification tests with our easy to follow study guides.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.