IBM Certified Associate - Migration Engine from Butterfly Software V6.05
Job Role Description / Target Audience
An IBM Certified Associate - Migration Engine for Butterfly Software V6.05 is proficient in migrating IBM Tivoli Storage Manager V5.x and competitive ISV products to IBM Tivoli Storage Manager V6.x using the Migration Engine from Butterfly Software. This individual will be expected to perform these tasks with limited assistance from peers, product documentation or support resources.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
- Knowledge of backup methodologies (full, incremental, differential, image, progressive, on-site, off-site, etc.) -Skill level 3
- Knowledge of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Implementation or equivalent (IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Storage Manger V6.3). - Skill level 2
- Knowledge of storage device technology (optical, disk, Virtual Tape Library, tape, NAS, etc.)-Skill level 2
- Knowledge of operating systems concepts, primarily Windows and UNIX -Skill level 2
- Knowledge of virtualization methodologies and concepts -Skill level 2
- Knowledge of networking concepts (LAN, WAN, SAN)-Skill level 2
- Knowledge of encryption techniques -Skill level 2
- Knowledge of hardware (server, CPU, memory, etc.) for determining system requirements -Skill level 2
- Knowledge of operating system maintenance (fixes, patches)- Skill level 2
- Knowledge of scripting skills (automation, IBM Tivoli Storage Manager macros etc.)-Skill level 1
- Knowledge of the applications being backed up- Skill level 2
- Knowledge of IBM DB2 concepts -Skill level 2
- Knowledge of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager implementation or equivalent (IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Storage Manger V6.3). - Skill level 2
- Knowledge of bare machine recovery methods- Skill level 1
- Knowledge of Snapshot technologies- Skill level 1
Skill Level 1: Basic Skill/Knowledge: Familiarity with basic functionality and concepts, may need to rely on assistance from documentation or other resources.
Skill Level 2: Working Skill/Knowledge: Working knowledge of functionality and concepts, can use product or explain concepts with little or no assistance.
Skill Level 3: Advanced Skill/Knowledge: Substantial experience with functionality or concepts, can teach others how to use functionality or explain concepts.
Skill Level 4: Expert Skill/Knowledge: Extensive and comprehensive experience with functionality or concepts, can create or customize code, architecture, or processes.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
Find out how this change will impact you now and in the future.
Test Study Guides
Let us help you prepare for your certification tests with our easy to follow study guides.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.