IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Transactions V7.3
Job Role Description / Target Audience
An IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Transactions V7.3 is a person who is responsible for enabling the monitoring of applications and network services, including planning, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, demonstrating usage, and documenting of solutions.
Key areas of competency include:
- Assess customer-s architecture and solution design documentation.
- Analyze the deployment environment.
- Assist in project plan development.
- Perform basic installations of prerequisite software - for example, the IBM Tivoli Monitoring infrastructure.
- Describe the IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Transactions V7.3 features and components.
- Install and configure the IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Transactions V7.3 components such as Tivoli Enterprise Management Agents (TEMA); Web Response Time (WRT), Robotic Response Time (RRT), Client Response Time (CRT), Internet Service Monitoring (ISM), Application Management Console (AMC), Transaction Collector, and Transaction Reporter.
- Configure data collectors for Transaction Tracking.
- Create Internet Service Monitoring and Application Management Configuration profiles
- Create Rational Performance Tester, Rational Functional Tester, Rational Robot, and custom scripts for deployment of robotic monitoring of an application.
- Enable monitoring of real user transactions.
- Troubleshoot Tivoli Composite Application Manager for Transactions V7.3.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
Required PREREQUISITE SKILLS
The following qualifications are requirements for success:
- Knowledge of IT process model (i.e. Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL))-Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of operating systems-Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of server hardware-Skill Level 1
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking principles-Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of system administration of UNIX, Windows or Linux operating systems-Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of relational databases-Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of ITM V6.2.2 and greater installation, configuration, and administration-Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of application monitoring-Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of Application Response Measurement (ARM) and Transaction Tracking Application Programming Interface (TTAPI) (concepts-Skill Level 1
- Knowledge of robotic script recording with Rational Performance Tester, Rational Functional Tester or Rational Robot-Skill Level 2
- Ability to navigate on z/OS systems-Skill Level 1
- Knowledge of IIS, IHS, and WebSphere Application Server-Skill Level 1
- Knowledge of WebSphere Message Broker, WebSphere MQ, CICS, and IMS-Skill Level 1
- Knowledge of ITCAM for SOA, ITCAM for Application Diagnostics, .NET, Netcool OMNIbus, Tivoli Business Service Manager, and Netcool ISM-Skill Level 1
- Knowledge of SmartCloud Application Performance Management dashboard-Skill Level 1
- Knowledge of WebSEAL-Skill Level 1
1 - Basic Skill/Knowledge: Familiarity with basic functionality and concepts, may need to rely on assistance from documentation or other resources.
2 - Working Skill/Knowledge: Working knowledge of functionality and concepts, can use
product or explain concepts with little or no assistance.
3 - Advanced Skill/Knowledge: Substantial experience with functionality or concepts, can teach others how to use functionality or explain concepts.
4 - Expert Skill/Knowledge: Extensive and comprehensive experience with functionality or concepts, can create or customize code, architecture, or processes.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- How does your salary compare to national averages? Help Global Knowledge and IBM discover the answers by participating in 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
Test Study Guides
Let us help you prepare for your certification tests with our easy to follow study guides.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.