IBM Certified Associate - Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4
Job Role Description / Target Audience
An IBM Certified Associate - Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4 is an individual with entry level knowledge and experience with IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4. This individual is knowledgeable about the fundamental concepts of IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4 through either hands on experience or formal and informal education. The associate should have an in-depth knowledge of the basic to intermediate tasks required in day-to-day use of IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4.
Key Areas of Competency:
- Explain the basic architecture of IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4.
- Configure and use IBM Tivoli Netcool/ OMNIbus V7.4 Native Event List, the Accelerated Event Notification Client, the Web GUI Portal and Tivoli Common Reporting.
- Describe the options for visualizing IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4 events.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
Recommended Prerequisite Skills:
- Knowledge of using IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4 to monitor events.- Skill level 2
- Knowledge of OS, networking, and firewall concepts- Skill level 2
- Knowledge of network protocols including TCP/IP and HTTP- Skill level 1
- Knowledge of IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4 architecture-Skill level 1
- Knowledge of security (SSL, data encryption)- Skill level 1
- Knowledge of problem determination - Skill level 1
- Knowledge of alarm protocols (SNMP, EIF, Syslog) - Skill level 1
- Knowledge of tools (ping, telnet, SSH) - Skill level 1
1 - Basic Skill/Knowledge: Familiarity with basic functionality and concepts, may need to rely on assistance from documentation or other resources.
2 - Working Skill/Knowledge: Working knowledge of functionality and concepts, can use product or explain concepts with little or no assistance.
3 - Advanced Skill/Knowledge: Substantial experience with functionality or concepts, can teach others how to use functionality or explain concepts.
4 - Expert Skill/Knowledge: Extensive and comprehensive experience with functionality or concepts, can create or customize code, architecture, or processes.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- How does your salary compare to national averages? Help Global Knowledge and IBM discover the answers by participating in 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
Test Study Guides
Let us help you prepare for your certification tests with our easy to follow study guides.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.