IBM Certified Solution Advisor - Tivoli Network and Service Assurance Solutions V1
Job Role Description / Target Audience
An IBM Certified Solution Advisor - Tivoli Network and Service Assurance Solutions V1 determines business critical issues within a customer environment and identifies the appropriate IBM Tivoli Network and Service Assurance Solution. This person is able to perform hardware and software solutions analysis and recommend high-level IBM Tivoli design scenarios and the basics of implementation. The role and responsibilities also include architecting, documenting, and presenting a solution that fits the business needs and integrates with existing systems.
Key Areas of Competency:
- Map customer business requirements to IBM Tivoli Network and Service Assurance solutions.
- Assess customer's current processes relating to the IBM Tivoli Network and Service Assurance solution.
- Assess the environment for IBM Tivoli Network and Service Assurance opportunities.
- Estimate the size of the customer-s network.
- Align IBM products, specifically Tivoli and cross-brand products, and third-party products to IBM Tivoli Network and Service Assurance opportunities.
- Assess requirements and document a high-level solution design overview recommendation.
- Describe business/technical advantages of IBM Tivoli Network and Service Assurance solutions.
- Apply IBM Tivoli Network and Service Assurance concepts to the solution design.
- Recommend education opportunities to customer, based on the IBM Tivoli Network and Service Assurance solution.
- Understand hardware and software solution analysis.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
Required Prerequisite Skills:
Skill Level 3- Substantial experience with functionality or concepts, can teach others how to use functionality or explain concepts.
· Knowledge of Network and Service Assurance tasks (for example, monitoring Web services or database services and how they integrate; monitoring middleware; network performance and configuration, tuning, etc.).
· Capability to assess and analyze customer's Network and Service Assurance expertise.
· Capability to design a solution.
Skill Level 2- Working knowledge of functionality and concepts, can use product or explain concepts with little or no assistance.
· Knowledge of Network and Service Assurance aspects of key IBM products (WebSphere, InfoSphere, etc.).
· Knowledge of IBM Network and Service Assurance education and product certification.
· Knowledge with IBM Software Management Library Web site and its Network and Service Assurance offerings.
· Knowledge of IT process framework and practices (for example, ITIL).
· Knowledge of IBM hardware.
· Knowledge of common network services (DNS, DHCP, SNMP)
· Knowledge of IBM Tiivoli Network and Service Assurance solution portfolio.
o Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus
o Tivoli Netcool Configuration Manager
o Tivoli Netcool Performance Manager
o Tivoli Netcool Performance Manager for Wireless
o Tivoli Network Manager for IP Edition
· Ability to analyze customer's IT processes (Entity Relation diagrams, System Development Life Cycle, architecture diagrams)
Skill Level 1- Familiarity with basic functionality and concepts, may need to rely on assistance from documentation or other resources.
· Knowledge of non-Network and Service Assurance products that will integrate with the solution:
· Knowledge of networking environments, operating systems, relational databases, application environments (Java, .NET, etc.), key vendor environments.
· Knowledge of Network and Service Assurance standards (government and civil), regulations, and certifications such as eTOM and ITIL.
· Knowledge of non-IBM Network and Service Assurance products.
· Knowledge of network and IP domain.
· Knowledge of network operating system such as Cisco IOS.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
Find out how this change will impact you now and in the future.
Test Study Guides
Let us help you prepare for your certification tests with our easy to follow study guides.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.