Job Role Description / Target Audience
An IBM Certified Associate - Tivoli Storage Manager V6.2 is an individual with entry level knowledge and experience with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager V6.2. This individual is knowledgeable about the fundamental concepts of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager V6.2 through either hands on experience or formal and informal education. The associate should have an in-depth knowledge of the basic to intermediate tasks required in day-to-day use of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager V6.2.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
Required Pre-requisite knowledge
- Conceptual knowledge of backup methodologies (full, incremental, differential, image, progressive, on-site, off-site, etc.).
- Conceptual knowledge of storage devices (optical, disk, Virtual Tape Library, tape, NAS, etc.)
- Familiarity with operating systems concepts, primarily Windows and UNIX.
- Conceptual knowledge of networking concepts (LAN, WAN, SAN).
- Conceptual knowledge of hardware (server, CPU, memory, etc.) for determining client system requirements.
- Working knowledge of the applications being backed up.
- Working knowledge of the differences between backup and archiving
- Conceptual knowledge of deduplication.
- Working knowledge of the installation and configuration of the TSM Backup Archive client.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.