Job Role Description / Target Audience
An IBM Certified Solution Designer - Maximo Asset Management V7.1 is a person who designs an IBM Maximo Enterprise Asset Management solution within the customer environment and is responsible for documenting the proposed solution processes and specifications. This individual will be expected to perform these tasks with limited assistance from peers, product documentation, and support resources.
Key areas of competency include:
1. Map customer business requirements to IBM Maximo Enterprise Asset Management solution.
2. Apply asset management concepts and standards to a customer-s asset infrastructure.
3. Assess Enterprise Asset Management process maturity.
4. Assess the environment for asset and service management opportunities.
5. Assess requirements and create a solution design.
6. Describe business and technical advantages of IBM Maximo Enterprise Asset Management solution.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
Required Prerequisite Skills:
The following qualifications are requirements for success:
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Asset Management.
- Familiarity with IBM Maximo Asset Management architecture.
- Capability to assess and analyze service management maturity according to IBM terminology (based on an IBM Asset Management solution).
- Familiarity with production, facility and asset life cycle management.
- Conceptual knowledge of key IBM products (WebSphere Application Server, DB2, Tivoli Directory Server).
- Conceptual knowledge of key 3rd party products (ESRI, Syclo, WebLogic, Oracle, Microsoft SQL, etc.).
- Conceptual knowledge of networking environments, operating systems, relational databases, application environments, key vendor environments (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Tivoli-s process automation engine (formerly Maximo Base Services).
- Working knowledge of key Enterprise Modules within Maximo: Inventory, Contracts, Procurement, Assets, etc.
- Familiarity with Enterprise Asset Management process analysis methods and techniques.
- Familiarity with hardware components.
- Familiarity with international (government and civil) regulations (Sarbanes-Oxley, CFR, HIPAA, ISO 9000, Australian Privacy Act, etc.).
- Familiarity with processes in at least one industry sector.
- Familiarity with IT directory/LDAP functionality.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.