Job Role Description / Target Audience
IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Workload Scheduler V8.6 is a technical professional responsible for planning, installing, configuring, customizing, troubleshooting, integrating, documenting, and transferring skills for an IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler V8.6 solution in a heterogeneous distributed (non z/OS) environment. This individual will be expected to perform these tasks with limited assistance from peers, product documentation, and support resources.
Key Areas of Competency:
- Deploying IBM Tivoli Workload Scheduler 8.6 (TWS).
- Interpreting and implementing user scheduling requirements including event driven workload and dynamic scheduling.
- Configuring the TWS environment (TDWC, XA, database, WebSphere, Plan Management, dynamic environment).
- Maintaining and administering the TWS environment.
- Troubleshooting the TWS environment (configuration errors, performance issues, conflicts with jobs and job streams, issues running jobs and job streams, etc.).
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
- Knowledge of project plan development ( architecture, solution design, deployment environment analysis) - Skill level 2
- Knowledge of multi-platform systems (such as UNIX and Windows), including user accounts, file systems, and discs. - Skill level 3
- Knowledge of batch scheduling concepts in a production environment. - Skill level 3
- Knowledge of TWS for Applications (SAP, PeopleSoft) - Skill level 2
- Knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, DNS, Firewall) - Skill level 2
- Knowledge of basic diagnosis of issues with IBM DB2 or Oracle and the WebSphere Application Server. - Skill level 2
1. Basic Skill/Knowledge: Familiarity with basic functionality and concepts, may need to rely on assistance from documentation or other resources.
2. Working Skill/Knowledge: Working knowledge of functionality and concepts, can use product or explain concepts with little or no assistance.
3. Advanced Skill/Knowledge: Substantial experience with functionality or concepts, can teach others how to use functionality or explain concepts.
4. Expert Skill/Knowledge: Extensive and comprehensive experience with functionality or concepts, can create or customize code, architecture, or processes.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.