IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Netcool/Impact V6.1
Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 09/30/2015. The most current certification is: IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Netcool/Impact V7.1
An IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Netcool/Impact V6.1 is an individual who has demonstrated the ability to implement and support an IBM Tivoli Netcool/Impact solution. It is expected that this person is able to perform the following tasks independently a majority of the time, and in some situations, take leadership and provide mentoring to peers. It is expected that this person will be able to perform these tasks with limited assistance from peers, product documentation and vendor support services.
Key Areas of Competency:
- Describe the IBM Tivoli/Netcool Impact V6.1 architecture and components.
- Plan and design an IBM Tivoli Netcool/Impact V6.1 solution based on customer requirements/environment.
- Install and configure prerequisites to IBM Tivoli Netcool/Impact V6.1.
- Install and configure IBM Tivoli Netcool Impact V6.1 infrastructure components
- Use available interfaces to configure and administer the IBM Tivoli/Netcool Impact V6.1 environment.
- Perform performance tuning and problem determination for IBM Tivoli/Netcool Impact V6.1.
- Develop and deploy IBM Tivoli Netcool/Impact policies and services.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
- Knowledge of operating systems (UNIX & Windows) -Skill level 3
- Knowledge of event management-Skill level 3
- Knowledge of database structures and SQL-Skill level 3
- Knowledge of operating system utilities (ftp, telnet, sftp, ssh, text editors) -Skill level 2
- Knowledge of IBM Tivoli Netcool OMNIbus-Skill level 2
- Knowledge of html-Skill level 2
- Knowledge of Embedded WebSphere Application Server-Skill level 1
- Knowledge of Web services (XML, soap, wsdl), if applicable-Skill level 1
- Knowledge of version control systems-Skill level 1
1 - Basic Skill/Knowledge: Familiarity with basic functionality and concepts, may need to rely on assistance from documentation or other resources.
2 - Working Skill/Knowledge: Working knowledge of functionality and concepts, can use product or explain concepts with little or no assistance.
3 - Advanced Skill/Knowledge: Substantial experience with functionality or concepts, can teach others how to use functionality or explain concepts.
4 - Expert Skill/Knowledge: Extensive and comprehensive experience with functionality or concepts, can create or customize code, architecture, or processes.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
Test Study Guides
Let us help you prepare for your certification tests with our easy to follow study guides.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.