Job Role Description / Target Audience
An IBM Certified Solution Advisor - Tivoli Storage Solutions V3 is a person who identifies opportunities and influences direction for IBM Tivoli storage solutions within the customer environment and is responsible for educating and influencing key decision makers. This person develops high-level architectural solutions that are integrated with existing systems and aligned with business critical issues within a customer environment and is responsible for performing storage solutions analysis and communicating high-level design scenarios to the customer.
Key Areas of Competency
- Map customer business requirements to IBM Tivoli storage solutions.
- Apply storage concepts and standards to a customer-s IT infrastructure.
- Assess IT process maturity.
- Assess the customer-s infrastructure for storage opportunities.
- Align IBM, Tivoli, and partner products to storage opportunities.
- Assess requirements and create a solution design.
- Describe business/technical advantages of IBM Tivoli storage solutions.
- Apply storage concepts to the solution design.
- Apply data protection concepts to the solution design.
- Recommend education opportunities to customer based on the IBM Tivoli storage solution.
- Supply a transition document to interested parties.
- Assess and analyze the storage environment according to IBM practices (based on an IBM storage solution).
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
- Knowledge of IT process model (i.e. Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL). Skill Level 2
- Experience with IT organization structures. Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of IT storage standards (government and civil), regulations, and certifications (SNIA etc.). Skill Level 2
- Familiarity with aspects of key IBM products (WebSphere, DB2, etc.). Skill Level 1
- Skills with the aspects of network, storage, SAN hardware and SAN fundamentals. Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of storage virtualization. Skill Level 2
- Familiarity with IBM Tivoli storage education offerings. Skill Level 2
- Skills with networking environments, SAN environments, operating systems, and relational databases. Skill Level 2
- Ability to create a business case justification for an IT project. Skill Level 2
- Experience defining proof of concepts and associated success criteria. Skill Level 2
- Understanding of these key Tivoli products: Skill Level 2
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Reporting
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Extended Edition
- Disaster Recovery Manager
- NDMP backup for Network Attached Storage
- Tivoli Storage Productivity Center Basic Edition
- IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center Standard Edition
- IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center for Disk
- IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center for Replication
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Fastback
12. Knowledge of these Tivoli products: Skill Level 1
- IBM Tivoli Flash Copy Manager
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for VMware
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Databases
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Enterprise Resource Planning
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Microsoft SharePoint
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Mail
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Space Management
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Storage Area Networks
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for System Backup and Recovery
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager HSM on Windows
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Fastback for Bare Machine Recovery
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Fastback for Exchange
- IBM Tivoli System Storage SAN Volume Controller
- IBM Tivoli Fastback for Workstations
- Skill Level 1 - Basic Skill/Knowledge: Familiarity with basic functionality and concepts, may need to rely on assistance from documentation or other resources.
- Skill Level 2 - Working Skill/Knowledge: Working knowledge of functionality and concepts, can use product or explain concepts with little or no assistance.
- Skill Level 3 - Advanced Skill/Knowledge: Substantial experience with functionality or concepts, can teach others how to use functionality or explain concepts.
- Skill Level 4 - Expert Skill/Knowledge: Extensive and comprehensive experience with functionality or concepts, can create or customize code, architecture, or processes.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.