IBM Certified Solution Advisor - Tivoli Storage Solutions V3
Job Role Description / Target Audience
An IBM Certified Solution Advisor - Tivoli Storage Solutions V3 is a person who identifies opportunities and influences direction for IBM Tivoli storage solutions within the customer environment and is responsible for educating and influencing key decision makers. This person develops high-level architectural solutions that are integrated with existing systems and aligned with business critical issues within a customer environment and is responsible for performing storage solutions analysis and communicating high-level design scenarios to the customer.
Key Areas of Competency
- Map customer business requirements to IBM Tivoli storage solutions.
- Apply storage concepts and standards to a customer-s IT infrastructure.
- Assess IT process maturity.
- Assess the customer-s infrastructure for storage opportunities.
- Align IBM, Tivoli, and partner products to storage opportunities.
- Assess requirements and create a solution design.
- Describe business/technical advantages of IBM Tivoli storage solutions.
- Apply storage concepts to the solution design.
- Apply data protection concepts to the solution design.
- Recommend education opportunities to customer based on the IBM Tivoli storage solution.
- Supply a transition document to interested parties.
- Assess and analyze the storage environment according to IBM practices (based on an IBM storage solution).
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
- Knowledge of IT process model (i.e. Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL). Skill Level 2
- Experience with IT organization structures. Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of IT storage standards (government and civil), regulations, and certifications (SNIA etc.). Skill Level 2
- Familiarity with aspects of key IBM products (WebSphere, DB2, etc.). Skill Level 1
- Skills with the aspects of network, storage, SAN hardware and SAN fundamentals. Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of storage virtualization. Skill Level 2
- Familiarity with IBM Tivoli storage education offerings. Skill Level 2
- Skills with networking environments, SAN environments, operating systems, and relational databases. Skill Level 2
- Ability to create a business case justification for an IT project. Skill Level 2
- Experience defining proof of concepts and associated success criteria. Skill Level 2
- Understanding of these key Tivoli products: Skill Level 2
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Reporting
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Extended Edition
- Disaster Recovery Manager
- NDMP backup for Network Attached Storage
- Tivoli Storage Productivity Center Basic Edition
- IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center Standard Edition
- IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center for Disk
- IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center for Replication
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Fastback
12. Knowledge of these Tivoli products: Skill Level 1
- IBM Tivoli Flash Copy Manager
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for VMware
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Databases
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Enterprise Resource Planning
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Microsoft SharePoint
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Mail
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Space Management
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Storage Area Networks
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for System Backup and Recovery
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager HSM on Windows
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Fastback for Bare Machine Recovery
- IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Fastback for Exchange
- IBM Tivoli System Storage SAN Volume Controller
- IBM Tivoli Fastback for Workstations
- Skill Level 1 - Basic Skill/Knowledge: Familiarity with basic functionality and concepts, may need to rely on assistance from documentation or other resources.
- Skill Level 2 - Working Skill/Knowledge: Working knowledge of functionality and concepts, can use product or explain concepts with little or no assistance.
- Skill Level 3 - Advanced Skill/Knowledge: Substantial experience with functionality or concepts, can teach others how to use functionality or explain concepts.
- Skill Level 4 - Expert Skill/Knowledge: Extensive and comprehensive experience with functionality or concepts, can create or customize code, architecture, or processes.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- How does your salary compare to national averages? Help Global Knowledge and IBM discover the answers by participating in 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
Test Study Guides
Let us help you prepare for your certification tests with our easy to follow study guides.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.