IBM Certified Administrator - Tivoli Monitoring V6.3
Job Role Description / Target Audience
An IBM Certified Administrator - Tivoli Monitoring V6.3 is an experienced system administrator who has extensive knowledge and experience of IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.3. This administrator is capable of performing the intermediate to advanced tasks related to daily management and operation, security, performance, configuration of enhancements (including fixpacks and patches), customization and/or problem determination.
Key areas of competency:
- Describe the IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.3 architecture and components.
- Maintain an IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.3 solution based on enterprise requirements/environment.
- Use various interfaces to configure and administer the IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.3 environment.
- Perform performance tuning and problem determination for IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.3.
- Understand the needs of the enterprise to provide an ongoing solution to the IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.3 environment.
- Customize the IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.3 environment including building of workspaces, situation, policies, historical data collection, etc
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
The following qualifications are requirements for success:
- Advanced working knowledge of IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.3 infrastructure components-Skill Level 3
- Working knowledge of OS, networking, and firewall concepts-Skill Level 2
- Working knowledge of upgrading and migration paths available through IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.3-Skill Level 2
- Working knowledge of XML-Skill Level 2
- Working knowledge of Tivoli Enterprise Monitoring Agents (TEMA) -Skill Level 2
- Working knowledge of Agent Builder-Skill Level 2
- Working knowledge of supported databases and ODBC/JDBC -Skill Level 2
- Working knowledge of IBM Integrated Services Management Library-Skill Level 2
- Basic knowledge of IBM Tivoli Enterprise Console V3.9, IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus, OMEGAMON XE and DE-Skill Level 1
- Basic knowledge of security (LDAP, SSL, data encryption, GS Kit, system user accounts)-Skill Level 1
- Working knowledge of the enterprise wide monitoring capabilities of IBM Tivoli Monitoring V6.3-Skill Level 2
- Basic knowledge of protocols including HTTP, LDAP, and SOAP-Skill Level 1
- Basic knowledge of shell and scripting-Skill Level 1
- Working knowledge of Situation Update Forwarder-Skill Level 2
- Basic knowledge of Performance Analyzer-Skill Level 1
Skill level 1: Basic Skill/Knowledge: Familiarity with basic functionality and concepts, may need to rely on assistance from documentation or other resources.
Skill level 2: Working Skill/Knowledge: Working knowledge of functionality and concepts, can use product or explain concepts with little or no assistance.
Skill level 3: Advanced Skill/Knowledge: Substantial experience with functionality or concepts, can teach others how to use functionality or explain concepts.
Skill level 4: Expert Skill/Knowledge: Extensive and comprehensive experience with functionality or concepts, can create or customize code, architecture, or processes.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- How does your salary compare to national averages? Help Global Knowledge and IBM discover the answers by participating in 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
Test Study Guides
Let us help you prepare for your certification tests with our easy to follow study guides.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.