IBM Certified Administrator - Tivoli Storage Manager V6.3
Job Role Description / Target Audience
The IBM Certified Storage Administrator is an experienced storage administrator for the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager V6.3 product. This individual has extensive knowledge, training, and experience of storage management, specifically of the features and functionality of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager V6.3. This administrator is capable of performing the intermediate to advanced tasks related to daily management, operations, security, performance, installation and configuration of enhancements, customizations and/or problem determination. This individual will be expected to perform these tasks with limited assistance from peers, product documentation, and support resources.
Key Areas of Competency:
- Describe IBM Tivoli Storage Manager's concepts, features, functions and benefits.
- Understand the business and technical storage management requirements including policy definitions, schedules, devices and communication requirements.
- Maintain and update the components of an IBM Tivoli Storage Manager environment.
- Define local storage devices, specify administrative schedules, authorize users, performance tuning, problem determination and resolution.
- Set up client(s) for backup/restore and archive/retrieve, configure backup schedules, and perform tuning, problem determination, and resolution.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
The IBM Tivoli Storage Manager V6.3 Administrators exam is platform independent and applies to heterogeneous environments. Candidates MUST have sufficient training and experience to be tested on storage management solutions.
The following qualifications are requirements for success:
- Backup methodologies (incremental, selective, image, progressive, on-site, off-site, etc.) - Skill level 3
- Basic storage device knowledge (disk, tape, NAS, etc.) - Skill level 3
- Basic hardware knowledge (server, CPU, memory, etc.) - Skill level 3
- Working problem determination skill - Skill level 3
- Basic operating systems knowledge - Skill level 2
- Basic networking knowledge (LAN, SAN, WAN) - Skill level 1
- Basic knowledge of DB2-Skill level 1
1 - Basic Skill/Knowledge: Familiarity with basic functionality and concepts, may need to rely on assistance from documentation or other resources.
2 - Working Skill/Knowledge: Working knowledge of functionality and concepts, can use
product or explain concepts with little or no assistance.
3 - Advanced Skill/Knowledge: Substantial experience with functionality or concepts, can teach others how to use functionality or explain concepts.
4 - Expert Skill/Knowledge: Extensive and comprehensive experience with functionality or concepts, can create or customize code, architecture, or processes.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- How does your salary compare to national averages? Help Global Knowledge and IBM discover the answers by participating in 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
Test Study Guides
Let us help you prepare for your certification tests with our easy to follow study guides.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.