IBM Certified Solution Advisor - Tivoli Security and Compliance Management Solutions V3
Job Role Description / Target Audience
An IBM Certified Solution Advisor - Tivoli Security and Compliance Management Solutions V3 is a person who identifies opportunities and influences direction for IBM Tivoli security and compliance solutions within the customer environment and is responsible for educating and influencing key decision makers.
Key areas of competency include the ability to:
- Map customer business requirements to IBM Tivoli security and compliance solutions.
- Apply governing security and compliance concepts and standards to a customer's IT infrastructure.
- Assess IT process maturity.
- Assess the IT environment for security and compliance opportunities.
- Align IBM, Tivoli, and Tivoli Partner products to security and compliance opportunities.
- Assess requirements and create a solution document.
- Describe business/technical advantages of IBM Tivoli security and compliance solutions.
- Apply security and compliance concepts to the solution document.
- Recommend education opportunities to customer based on the IBM Tivoli security and compliance solution.
- Supply a transition document to interested parties.
- Align the security and compliance solution with the architectural framework of the customer.
- Understand the customer-s business risk and needs for risk management.
- Understand government and industry regulatory compliance needs and requirements.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
- Knowledge of IT security and compliance services (authorization, authentication, confidentiality, data integrity, non-repudiation). - Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of IT process model (i.e. Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)). - Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of process maturity models (i.e. Six Sigma). - Skill Level 1
- Knowledge of IT security and compliance standards (government and civil), regulations, and certifications (PKI, SSL, SAML, Liberty, etc.). - Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of IT professional security and compliance certifications such as CISSP. - Skill Level 1
- Knowledge of IT directory/LDAP functionality. - Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of IBM Pricing Model - Skill Level 2
- Familiarity with key IBM Tivoli Partner security and compliance products (PKI - VeriSign etc.). - Skill Level 1
- Understanding of IBM security and compliance products (Rational Appscan, WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal Server, Guardium, Optim, Server Security, SSL accelerator cards, etc.). - Skill Level 2
- Conceptual knowledge of networking environments, operating systems, relational databases, application environments (Java, .NET, etc.), key vendor environments (SAP, Siebel, PeopleSoft, etc.). - Skill Level 2
- Capability to assess and analyze security and compliance maturity according to IBM terminology (based on an IBM security solution). - Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of compliance, auditing and reporting process. - Skill Level 2
- Conceptual understanding of these Tivoli products: - Skill Level 2
- IBM Internet Security Solutions
- IBM Tivoli Endpoint Manager
- IBM Tivoli Identity Manager
- IBM Tivoli Directory Server
- IBM Tivoli Directory Integrator
- IBM Tivoli Access Manager for e-business
- IBM Tivoli Access Manager for Operating Systems
- IBM Tivoli Access Manager for Enterprise Single Sign On
- IBM Tivoli Federated Identity Manager
- IBM Tivoli Compliance Insight Manager
- IBM Tivoli Security Operations Manager
- IBM Tivoli Security Information and Event Manager
- IBM Tivoli Security Compliance Manager
- IBM Tivoli Security Policy Manager
- IBM Tivoli Key Lifecycle Manager
- IBM Tivoli zSecure Admin
- IBM Tivoli zSecure Audit
- Experience with IT organization structures. - Skill Level 1
Familiarity with security and compliance aspects of key IBM products (WebSphere, Lotus, etc.). - Skill Level 1
- Familiarity with IBM Tivoli security and compliance education offerings. - Skill Level 1
- Create a business case justification for an IT project. - Skill Level 1
- Experience defining proof of concepts and associated success criteria. - Skill Level 1
- Familiarity with IBM Tivoli Monitoring - Skill Level 1
- Knowledge of security processes and controls. - Skill Level 2
1 - Basic Skill/Knowledge: Familiarity with basic functionality and concepts, may need to rely on assistance from documentation or other resources.
2 - Working Skill/Knowledge: Working knowledge of functionality and concepts, can use product or explain concepts with little or no assistance.
3 - Advanced Skill/Knowledge: Substantial experience with functionality or concepts, can teach others how to use functionality or explain concepts.
4 - Expert Skill/Knowledge: Extensive and comprehensive experience with functionality or concepts, can create or customize code, architecture, or processes.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
C2150-536 - Fundamentals of Applying Tivoli Security and Compliance Management Solutions V3
- How does your salary compare to national averages? Help Global Knowledge and IBM discover the answers by participating in 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.