IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Federated Identity Manager V6.2.2
Job Role Description / Target Audience
An IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Federated Identity Manager V6.2.2 is a technical professional responsible for the planning and installation, Configuration for Federated Single Sign-On, Configuration for End-to-End Identity, Configuration for User Self Care, Key Concepts, Mapping Rules and Functions, Troubleshooting for IBM Tivoli Federated Identity Manager V6.2.2. This individual will be expected to perform these tasks with limited assistance from peers, product documentation, and support resources.
To attain the IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Federated Identity Manager V6.2.2 certification, candidates must pass 1 test.
Key areas of competency
- Assess integration of TFIM into customer's architecture and solution design.
- Plan the deployment.
- Apply Federation Management concepts (Federated Identity Management, Federated Single Sign-On).
- Perform basic installations and configurations of the prerequisite applications (LDAP/DB2, WebSphere Application Server, IBM Tivoli Access Manager for e-Business, IBM Tivoli Directory Integrator).
- Describe the IBM Tivoli Federated Identity Manager V6.2.2 features and components.
- Install and configure Federated Single Sign-On, Web Services Security Management, Federated Provisioning services, and User Self Care.
- Understand Federated Single Sign-On protocols (SAML, OAuth, OpenID).
- Demonstrate working knowledge of IBM Tivoli Federated Identity Manager subsystems.
- Deploy IBM Tivoli Federated Identity Manager customer solutions leveraging combinations of the Federated Single Sign-On, Web Services Security Management, mapping rules, and Federated Provisioning services.
- Troubleshoot IBM Tivoli Federated Identity Manager V6.2.2 services.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
Knowledge of system administration of UNIX, Windows, or Linux operating systems - Skill level 2
Knowledge of X.509 certificates including installation of certificates - Skill level 2
General Web Knowledge
- HTTP - Skill level 3
- HTML - Skill level 3
- Web Services (WSDL, SOAP and REST) - Skill level 2
- Document Object Model - Skill level 1
- XML terms and concepts - Skill level 2
- XSLT - Skill level 2
- Ajax - Skill level 1
- CSS - Skill level 2
Knowledge of Standards -
- SAML- Skill level 4
- OpenID, OAuth - Skill level 3
- WS-Federation, WS-Provisioning, Liberty, InfoCard - Skill level
- WS-Trust - Skill level 2
Knowledge of Related IBM Products
- IBM Tivoli Directory Integrator - Skill level 2
- IBM Tivoli Access Manager for e-business - Skill level 3
- IBM Tivoli Directory Server - Skill level 2
- IBM HTTP Server - Skill level 2
- IBM WebSphere Application Server- Skill level 2
Knowledge of programming
- Java - Skill level 1
- JSP - Skill level 1
Knowledge of Data Center terms, concepts and methodologies: Load Balancing, Firewalls, Switching and routing (Level2, Level3). Skill level 1
Knowledge of Common Event Infrastructure - Skill level 1
1 - Basic Skill/Knowledge: Familiarity with basic functionality and concepts, may need to rely on assistance from documentation or other resources.
2 - Working Skill/Knowledge: Working knowledge of functionality and concepts, can use product or explain concepts with little or no assistance.
3 - Advanced Skill/Knowledge: Substantial experience with functionality or concepts, can teach others how to use functionality or explain concepts.
4 - Expert Skill/Knowledge: Extensive and comprehensive experience with functionality or concepts, can create or customize code, architecture, or processes.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- How does your salary compare to national averages? Help Global Knowledge and IBM discover the answers by participating in 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.