IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Storage Manager V7.1
Job Role Description / Target Audience
An IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Storage Manager V7.1 is an individual who performs the planning, solution verification, installation, configuration, administration, problem determination, customization, product upgrade, product demonstration and documentation of the environment of an IBM Tivoli Storage Manager V7.1 implementation. It is expected that this person will be able to perform these tasks with limited assistance from peers, product documentation and vendor support services.
Key Areas of Competency:
- Assess customer's architecture and solution design documentation.
- Analyze the deployment environments.
- Assist in project plan development.
- Describe IBM Tivoli Storage Manager's features, functions and benefits.
- Identify the customer's requirements.
- Apply design concepts for an IBM Tivoli Storage Manager solution to a customer-s physical and virtual environments, including selecting the appropriate TSM products.
- Install and configure TSM server and clients.
- Define storage devices in TSM.
- Define storage pools and add storage pool volumes.
- Define policy and schedules for client data backup.
- Perform initial performance tuning and assessment.
- Perform problem determination and root cause analysis.
- Configure enhanced security in TSM.
- Schedule server maintenance including database and storage pool backups.
- Set up and configure Disaster Recovery Management.
- Install and configure Operations Center.
- Configure software deduplication.
- Set up node replication.
- Install and configure Tivoli Storage Manager for Mail, Tivoli Storage Manager for Virtual Environments; Tivoli Storage Manager for Databases.
- Document the environment of the TSM implementation.
- Install and configure FlashCopy Manager.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
Recommended Prerequisite Skills:
The IBM Tivoli Storage Manager V7.1 exam applies to heterogeneous environments. Tivoli Storage Manager competency is primarily platform independent. Candidates MUST have background experience sufficient to prepare for training and testing on storage solutions. The following qualifications are requirements for success:
- Knowledge of backup methodologies -Skill level 3
- Knowledge of storage device technology -Skill level 2
- Knowledge of operating systems concepts, primarily Windows and UNIX-Skill level 2
- Knowledge of virtualization methodologies and concepts-Skill level 2
- Knowledge of networking concepts-Skill level 2
- Knowledge of concepts of disaster recovery-Skill level 2
- Knowledge of encryption techniques-Skill level 2
- Knowledge of system requirements-Skill level 2
- Knowledge of TSM software maintenance - Skill level 2
- Knowledge of TSM scripting skills -Skill level 2
- Knowledge of the applications being backed up- Skill level 2
- Knowledge of bare machine recovery methods- Skill level 1
- Knowledge of Snapshot technologies- Skill level 1
- Knowledge of IBM DB2 concepts pertaining to TSM-Skill level 1
Skill Level 1: Basic Skill/Knowledge: Familiarity with basic functionality and concepts, may need to rely on assistance from documentation or other resources.
Skill Level 2: Working Skill/Knowledge: Working knowledge of functionality and concepts, can use product or explain concepts with little or no assistance.
Skill Level 3: Advanced Skill/Knowledge: Substantial experience with functionality or concepts, can teach others how to use functionality or explain concepts.
Skill Level 4: Expert Skill/Knowledge: Extensive and comprehensive experience with functionality or concepts, can create or customize code, architecture, or processes.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- How does your salary compare to national averages? Help Global Knowledge and IBM discover the answers by participating in 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
Test Study Guides
Let us help you prepare for your certification tests with our easy to follow study guides.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.