Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 10/31/2012. The most current certification is: IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Storage Productivity Center V5.1
An IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Storage Productivity Center V4.2 is a person who performs the requirements gathering and planning for the IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center deployment and integration into a computing environment. This person performs installation, configuration, administration and problem determination of IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center V4.2, and demonstrates the features and functions of this product to the end user. It is expected that this person will be able to perform these tasks with limited assistance from peers, product documentation and vendor support services.
Key areas of competency:
- Determine the storage standards and best practices to be used in a customer environment.
- Assess customer requirements and create a solution design.
- Analyze the deployment environment.
- Develop and implement the project plan.
- Perform basic installation of the prerequisite applications.
- Demonstrate the use of IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center V4.2 features and functions to the end user.
- Provide a general understanding of storage infrastructure.
- Apply storage management concepts.
- Troubleshoot IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center V4.2 components.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
- Knowledge of supported IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center server and agent operating systems (AIX, Windows, and Linux) -Skill level 2
- Knowledge of system administration for user account management-Skill level 2
- Knowledge of storage hardware technologies (NAS, DAS, SAN) -Skill level 2
- Knowledge of distributed server technologies -Skill level 2
- Knowledge of storage concepts -Skill level 2
- Knowledge of Tivoli Common Agent Services-Skill level 2
- Understanding of networking, TCP/IP and SNMP-Skill level 1
- Basic skills for DB2-Skill level 2
- Basic skills for CIM/OM (Common Information Model / Object Manager) -Skill level 2
- Knowledge of operating system maintenance (fixes, patches, etc.) -Skill level 1
- Knowledge for upgrading DB2-Skill level 2
- Knowledge of WebSphere-Skill level 1
- Basic Skill/Knowledge: Familiarity with basic functionality and concepts, may need to rely on assistance from documentation or other resources.
- Working Skill/Knowledge: Working knowledge of functionality and concepts, can use product or explain concepts with little or no assistance.
- Advanced Skill/Knowledge: Substantial experience with functionality or concepts, can teach others how to use functionality or explain concepts.
- Expert Skill/Knowledge: Extensive and comprehensive experience with functionality or concepts, can create or customize code, architecture, or processes.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- 000-562 - IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center V4.2 Implementation