Job Role Description / Target Audience
An IBM Certified Deployment Professional - Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4 is a technical professional responsible for the planning, installing, configuring, administering, performance tuning, problem determination and documenting of solutions for IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4. This individual will be expected to perform these tasks with limited assistance from peers, product documentation, and support resources.
Key Areas of Competency:
· Describe the IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4 architecture and components
· Plan and design an IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4 solution based on customer requirements/environment
· Install and configure prerequisites to IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4
· Install and configure IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4infrastructure components (probes, gateways, desktops including Web GUI, process control, accelerated event notification (AEN), IPV6 configuration, automated failover and failback).
· Use various interfaces to configure and administer the IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4 environment
Perform performance tuning and problem determination for IBM Tivoli Netcool/OMNIbus V7.4
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
- Knowledge of network management, server, and application monitoring- Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of operating system (UNIX, Linux & Windows), networking and firewall concepts- Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of security (SSL, system user accounts)- Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of SQL (including procedures)- Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of scripting languages (shell scripting, Rules files, regular expressions, PERL, batch)- Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of protocols including TCP/IP, SNMP- Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of operating system utilities (ftp, telnet, sftp, ssh, text editor)- Skill Level 2
- Knowledge of help desk and database systems- Skill Level 1
- Knowledge of html, cgi, Java and xml-Skill Level 2
- Skill Level 1 - Basic Skill/Knowledge: Familiarity with basic functionality and concepts, may need to rely on assistance from documentation or other resources.
- Skill Level 2 - Working Skill/Knowledge: Working knowledge of functionality and concepts, can use product or explain concepts with little or no assistance.
- Skill Level 3 - Advanced Skill/Knowledge: Substantial experience with functionality or concepts, can teach others how to use functionality or explain concepts.
- Skill Level 4 - Expert Skill/Knowledge: Extensive and comprehensive experience with functionality or concepts, can create or customize code, architecture, or processes.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.