IBM Certified Specialist - Storwize V7000 Technical Solutions V2
Job Role Description / Target Audience
The IBM Storwize V7000 Certified Specialist provides pre-sales technical assistance during the sales cycle, and understands the workload characteristics that would point the customer to a Storwize V7000 or Storwize V7000 Unified solution, as compared to other IBM storage solutions. This specialist demonstrates the ability to design a Storwize V7000 or Storwize V7000 Unified solution based on customer needs, understand how to do a proper sizing, as well as explain and sell the product accurately to set realistic expectations. This specialist can explain the benefits of storage virtualization, and how it is different than traditional SAN attached storage. He/she can also demonstrate the ability to ensure proper interoperability using the appropriate tools, and knows how to design the storage networking layout to properly deploy application servers for optimum performance.
IBM products included on this certification exam include IBM Storwize V7000 and Storwize V7000 Unified, Tivoli Storage FlashCopy Manager, Tivoli Storage Productivity Center Select, Tivoli Storage Manager FastBack, and IBM Systems Director Storage Control.
This specialist can perform the following tasks without assistance:
- provide pre-sales technical assistance during the Storwize V7000 and Storwize V7000 Unified sales cycle;
- explain the benefits and advantages of a virtualized storage infrastructure; work effectively in heterogeneous operating system environments;
- demonstrate a working knowledge of Storwize V7000 and Storwize V7000 Unified hardware (clustering), and expansion options;
- explain advanced Storwize V7000 and Storwize V7000 Unified software capabilities;
- identify appropriate situations for associated software products;
- identify opportunities where Storwize V7000 or Storwize V7000 Unified is an appropriate solution, as well as where IBM SAN Volume Controller may be the better alternative;
- articulate competitive advantages of Storwize V7000 and Storwize V7000 Unified from a pre-sales technical perspective;
- identify situations and applications where use of Easy-Tier (solid-state drives) would be beneficial;
- determine appropriate use of different drive types based on performance, RAID configuration, solution requirements;
- identify situations where iSCSI would be appropriate as compared to Fibre Channel;
- demonstrate a basic understanding of system implementation, e.g. number of IP connections, electrical requirements, enclosure cabling, SAN infrastructure, etc.) and migration
- perform basic configuration of the Storwize V7000 for the customer when required.
This specialist can perform the following tasks with assistance: Plan for business continuity and disaster recovery scenarios; understand the technical components of the solution and create a resource plan to support; assist with implementation and migration; replication sizing; integrate with other storage hardware and software products.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
- Complete the IBM Certified Specialist - Midrange Storage Technical Support certification, or have two years equivalent storage technical sales experience.
- Have basic hands-on experience in a Storwize V7000 technical support role.
- Experience with IBM SAN Volume Controller is desirable.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.