Job Role Description / Target Audience
This person will be capable of translating retail store business requirements into technical requirements for delivering a 4690-based solution with the appropriate hardware, software, middleware, and services. This should be accomplished by demonstrating technology and product knowledge, coupled with capabilities in planning, design, implementation, and ongoing customer technical support. The candidate will typically have at least 12 months experience implementing 4690 POS solutions.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
- A full understanding of the 4690 OS, architecture, functions, features and utilities
- IBM Retail POS hardware product knowledge
- Familiarity with the entire rollout process; from design, planning, testing & piloting, through chain wide installation
- At least 12 months experience in implementing POS solutions
- Participation in several different implementations of customer 4690 POS solutions
- Experience in set up, installation and configuration, test, demo and pilot POS environments
- A full understanding of 4690 integration and connectivity capabilities and environment
- Basic understanding of networking and communications, specific understanding of 4690 OS capabilities
- A high level of experience in problem determination, recovery methodologies and software maintenance
- Elementary understanding of the features and functions of other RSS products that can be part of a 4690-based solution, such as Store Integrator, DIF, and RMA
- Basic understanding of retail industry metrics and operations
- Basic understanding of project management techniques and principles applied to a retail environment
- Familiarity with help resources and know where to find the appropriate resources
This certification requires 1 test.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.