Job Role Description / Target Audience
The candidate will be capable of translating retail store business requirements into technical requirements for delivering a Windows based POS solution with the appropriate hardware, software, and services. This should be accomplished by demonstrating technology and product knowledge, coupled with capabilities in planning, design, implementation, and on going customer technical support. The candidate will typically have at least 12 months experience with POS solutions.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
- An understanding of Windows OS, store system architecture, functions, features, and utilities
- IBM Retail POS hardware product knowledge
- An understanding of the entire rollout process; from design, planning, testing & piloting, through chain-wide installation
- An ability to translate customer specifications into a customized solution
- An ability to tailor an implementation plan based on customer specifications
- An understanding of set up, installation, and configuration in the test, demo, and pilot POS environments
- An ability to demonstrate that the proposed solution works
- An understanding of Windows integration and connectivity capabilities in the retail store environment
- Basic understanding of networking and communications
- An understanding of other RSS products that can be part of a solution, such as Store Integrator and Remote Management Agent (RMA)
- An ability to identify technical problems within the proposed solution and facilitate resolution
- An understanding of backup, recovery, and software update methodology
- An ability to implement UPOS drivers
- An understanding of retail industry metrics and operations
- An understanding of Retail Store Solutions processes and procedures
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.