IBM Certified Systems Expert - System x Technical V6
Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 12/31/2013.
This certification validates the skills required to plan and design, install, configure and maintain IBM System x and BladeCenter systems. The Certified Expert will provide solution design and implementation support for those who work with the IBM System x and BladeCenter technologies. This certified person will also work to provide longer-term technical support activities including problem solving and resolution.
To attain the IBM Certified System Expert - System x Technical V6 certification, candidates must pass 2 tests.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
- Minimum12 months of experience with IBM System x and BladeCenter configuration and implementation
- Operating System and middleware knowledge (Microsoft Windows, Linux, and VMware)
- Knowledge of operating system deployment strategies
- Knowledge of networking/SAN connectivity
- Knowledge of IBM System x and BladeCenter Module Options
- Experience with IBM Systems Director
- Experience with data center design and capacity planning
- Experience assisting customers to design and develop solutions to advanced business problems
This certification requires 2 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
Any 1 of the following tests:
Test C4060-152 - System x Technical Principles V10
Test C4060-089 - System x Technical Fundamentals V11
C4060-087 - IBM System x Technical Expert V6
- How does your salary compare to national averages? Help Global Knowledge and IBM discover the answers by participating in 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.