IBM Certified System Programmer - CICS Transaction Server V5.2 for z/OS
Job Role Description / Target Audience
This intermediate level certification is intended for system programmers who plan, install, upgrade, maintain, analyze, and troubleshoot CICS Transaction Server (CICS TS) V5.2. These system programmers implement and support CICS TS V5.2 environments by performing all necessary tasks related to:
- Installation and Verification
- System Administration
- Plan server topologies and qualities of service
- Development and Operations (DevOps)
- Monitor and Tune
- Problem Determination
These system programmers are generally self-sufficient and able to perform the majority of tasks involved in the role with limited assistance from peers and vendor support services. They are also expected to be able to efficiently use available product documentation to augment their knowledge as required.
To attain the IBM Certified System Programmer - CICS Transaction Server V5.2 for z/OS certification, candidates must pass 1 test. To gain additional knowledge and skills, and prepare for this test based on the job role and test objectives, take the link to the tests below, and refer to the Test preparation tab.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
Knowledge and foundational skills one needs to possess before acquiring skills measured on the certification test. These foundational skills are NOT measured on the test. For skills measured on the test, see Test Objectives.)
Basic understanding of:
- System Modification Program Extended (SMP/E)
- IBM Installation Manager
- System Z architecture and Parallel Sysplex
- TCP/IP and system networking
- Performance analysis
- Problem Determination
- Unix System Services
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- contains questions requiring single and multiple answers. For multiple-answer questions, you need to choose all required options to get the answer correct. You will be advised how many options make up the correct answer.
- is designed to provide diagnostic feedback on the Examination Score Report, correlating back to the test objectives, informing the test taker how he or she did on each section of the test. As a result, to maintain the integrity of each test, questions and answers are not distributed.
- How does your salary compare to national averages? Help Global Knowledge and IBM discover the answers by participating in 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.