IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere Message Broker V7.0
Job Role Description / Target Audience
This intermediate level certification is intended for individuals with extensive product knowledge who:
- design for the use of WebSphere Message Broker V7.0 including implementation of new features/functions
- install, secure and configure WebSphere Message Broker V7.0
- administer, maintain and deploy WebSphere Message Broker V7.0
- design for the coexistence and migration from earlier versions/releases to WebSphere Message Broker V7.0
- perform basic problem determination tasks for WebSphere Message Broker V7.0
- understand high availability configuration including multi-instancing of WebSphere Message Broker
The target audiences for this certification are system administrators, consultants, technical specialists and architects.
To attain the IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere Message Broker V7.0 certification, candidates must possess the skills outlined under Recommended Prerequisites below and pass 2 tests. To prepare for this test, based on the job role and test objectives, click the link to the tests below, and refer to the Test preparation tab.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
(knowledge and skills one needs to possess before beginning to prepare for this job role certification; skills not measured on the exam)
Test 000-184, IBM WebSphere Message Broker V7.0, System Administration
- Basic understanding of security concepts
- Basic understanding of supported WebSphere Message Broker transports
- Basic understanding of enterprise service bus concepts and products
- Basic understanding of Service Oriented Architecture
- Administration experience on at least one supported operating system (e.g., AIX, HP-UX, Solaris, Linux on Intel, Linux on zSeries, z/OS, Windows)
- General understanding of the Eclipse tooling platform
Test 000-374, IBM WebSphere MQ V7.0, System Administration
- Working knowledge of WebSphere MQ
- Working knowledge of supported operating systems (e.g., AIX, HP-UX, Solaris, i5/OS, Linux on Intel, Linux on zSeries, z/OS, Windows)
- Good understanding of messaging concepts as they relate to IBM WebSphere MQ
- Basic knowledge of operating WebSphere MQ Explorer
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts (e.g., TCP/IP, SSL, etc.)
- Basic understanding of JMS concepts
- Basic understanding of Publish/Subscribe functionality
Note: It is recommended for Test 000-374 to be taken first.
This certification requires 2 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- contains questions requiring single and multiple answers. For multiple-answer questions, you need to choose all required options to get the answer correct. You will be advised how many options make up the correct answer.
- is designed to provide diagnostic feedback on the Examination Score Report, correlating back to the test objectives, informing the test taker how he or she did on each section of the test. As a result, to maintain the integrity of each test, questions and answers are not distributed.
- How does your salary compare to national averages? Help Global Knowledge and IBM discover the answers by participating in 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.