Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 12/31/2012. The most current certification is: IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere Message Broker V7.0
This intermediate level certification is intended for individuals with extensive product knowledge who performs the following tasks:
- Plans for the use of WebSphere Message Broker including implementation of new features/functions
- Installs, secures and configures WebSphere Message Broker
- Administers, maintains and deploys WebSphere Message Broker domains
- Plans for the coexistence and migration from earlier versions/releases to WebSphere Message Broker 6.1
- Performs basic problem determination tasks
The target audiences for this certification are consultants, technical specialists and architects.
To attain the IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere Message Broker V6.1, candidates must pass 2 tests. To gain additional knowledge and skills, and prepare for this test based on the job role and test objectives, take the link to the test below, and refer to the Test Preparation tab.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
(knowledge and skills one needs to possess before beginning to prepare for this job role certification)
Test 000-314, IBM WebSphere Message Broker V6.1, System Administration
- Basic understanding of security concepts
- Basic understanding of multiple operating systems including z/OS
- Basic understanding of broker Publish/Subscribe functionality
- Basic understanding of supported WebSphere Message Broker transports
- Basic understanding of enterprise service bus concepts and products
- Administration experience on at least one supported operating system
- Good understanding of at least one supported relational database product
- Good understanding of the Eclipse tooling platform
- Administration experience on WebSphere MQ
Test 000-994, IBM WebSphere MQ V6, System Administration
- Working knowledge on a variety of operating systems (e.g., AIX, HP-UX, i5/OS, Linux on Intel, Linux on zSeries, Solaris, Windows including 2000, 2003, XP, z/OS, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts (e.g., TCP/IP, SSL, etc.)
- Knowledge of IBM WebSphere MQ V6.0 features and functions
- Good understanding of messaging concepts as they relate to IBM WebSphere MQ V6.0
- Good understanding of the IBM WebSphere MQ System V6.0 Administration Guide
- Hands-on experience installing and configuring IBM WebSphere MQ V6.0
- Basic knowledge of Eclipse tooling
- Basic understanding of JMS concepts
This certification requires 2 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- Test 000-994 - IBM WebSphere MQ V6 System Administration
- 000-314 - IBM WebSphere Message Broker V6.1, System Administration
- contains questions requiring single and multiple answers. For multiple-answer questions, you need to choose all required options to get the answer correct. You will be advised how many options make up the correct answer.
- is designed to provide diagnostic feedback on the Examination Score Report,