Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 12/31/2012. The most current certification is: IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere MQ V7.0
This intermediate level system administrator is an individual with extensive product knowledge, who is expected to plan, install, and configure the product as well as implement applications, set up distributed queuing, enable appropriate security, administer and operate a queue manager network, enforce organizational and operational standards, perform basic problem determination, and implement clustering.
It is expected that this System Administrator will be generally self-sufficient and be able to perform the tasks involved in the role with limited assistance from peers, product documentation and vendor support services.
Due to the various platforms supported by WebSphere MQ V6.0, this certification is a cross platform certification.
To attain the IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere MQ V6.0 certification, candidates must pass 1 test. To gain additional knowledge and skills, and prepare for the tests based on the job role and test objectives, take the link to the test below, and refer to the Test Preparation tab.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
(Note: Knowledge and skills one needs to possess before beginning to prepare for this job role certification)
- Working knowledge on a variety of operating systems (e.g., AIX, HP-UX, i5/OS, Linux on Intel, Linux on zSeries, Solaris, Windows including 2000, 2003, XP, z/OS, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts (e.g., TCP/IP, SSL, etc.)
- Knowledge of IBM WebSphere MQ V6.0 features and functions
- Good understanding of messaging concepts as they relate to IBM WebSphere MQ V6.0
- Good understanding of the IBM WebSphere MQ System V6.0 Administration Guide
- Hands-on experience installing and configuring IBM WebSphere MQ V6.0
- Basic knowledge of Eclipse tooling
- Basic understanding of JMS concepts
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.