IBM Certified Administrator - Sterling Connect:Direct
Job Role Description / Target Audience
This intermediate level certification is intended for administrators and implementers who are responsible for configuring, troubleshooting and deploying IBM Sterling Connect:Direct with focus on the Microsoft Windows 4.6 and UNIX 4.1 platforms. Some basic understanding of the z/OS 5.1 platform is required.
These technical professionals are also required to have conceptual understanding of the Microsoft Windows, UNIX, z/OS Operating Systems.
An administrator or implementer who passes this exam is able to install and configure IBM Sterling Connect:Direct, and provide:
- knowledge of the Sterling Connect:Direct components that interact with the user interface that allows submission, execution and monitoring of Sterling Connect:Direct.
- a comprehensive set of managed file transfer capabilities to facilitate data growth, use of automation, reduce security risk, and improve IT and business efficiency.
- an understanding of secure connections between trading partners with customers, suppliers and business partners.
- visibility and tracking of business data with customers, suppliers and business partners.
- visibility for status of sent and received business transactions.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
Before preparing for this certification, the following knowledge and skills are recommended and assumed:
- conceptual understanding of operating systems
- basic understanding of firewalls, load balancers and high availability (clustering)
- basic understanding of network connectivity
- basic understanding security, certificates and encryption
In preparing for this certification, the following IBM course(s) are recommended to further improve your skills:
- 6T705: IBM Sterling Connect:Direct for UNIX Fundamentals
- 6T710: IBM Sterling Connect:Direct for Microsoft Windows Fundamentals
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.