IBM Certified Solution Implementer - DataPower Gateway V7.1
Job Role Description / Target Audience
This intermediate level certification is intended for solution implementers who are responsible for developing, governing, configuring, troubleshooting and deploying solutions using the IBM DataPower Gateway Appliances. This includes both the physical and virtual versions of the appliance.
These solution implementers are able to configure IBM DataPower Gateway Appliances to:
- Secure access to mobile, web and legacy applications.
- Integrate heterogeneous systems.
- Provide centralized service governance and policy enforcement.
These solution implementers are also required to have conceptual understanding of the IBM DataPower Gateway-s optional modules and are generally self-sufficient and able to perform most of the tasks involved in the role with limited assistance.
To attain the IBM Certified Solution Implementer - DataPower Gateway V7.1 certification, candidates must pass 1 test. To prepare for the test, it is recommended to refer to the job role description and recommended prerequisite skills, and click the link to the test below to refer to the Test Objectives and the Test Preparation tabs.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
Knowledge and foundational skills one needs to possess before acquiring skills measured on the certification test. These foundational skills are NOT measured on the test. For skills measured on the test, see Test Objectives.
Basic knowledge of:
- Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, load balancing, packet tracing and failover)
- PKI (Digital certificates, Certificate Revocation Lists (CRL), SSL)
- Transports (IMS Connect, IBM MQ, JMS, FTP, SFTP and HTTP)
- XML (XSD, XSLT/XPath)
- Web services (SOAP, WSDL and WS-Policy)
- Web services security (WS-Security, XML encryption and XML digital signature)
- Identity management software and protocols (Kerberos, LDAP, OAuth and SAML)
- SOA Governance (web services management and registries)
- Data mapping and transformations
- Operations Management (logging and monitoring)
- Enterprise Architecture (Cloud, SOA and Enterprise Security)
- Perl Compatible Regular Expression (PCRE) syntax
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- contains questions requiring single and multiple answers. For multiple-answer questions, you need to choose all required options to get the answer correct. You will be advised how many options make up the correct answer.
- is designed to provide diagnostic feedback on the Examination Score Report, correlating back to the test objectives, informing the test taker how he or she did on each section of the test. As a result, to maintain the integrity of each test, questions and answers are not distributed.