Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 03/31/2013.
This intermediate level certification is intended for solution implementers who are responsible for configuring, troubleshooting and deploying SOA solutions using IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances. This includes WebSphere DataPower XML Accelerator XA35, WebSphere DataPower XML Security Gateway XS40, and WebSphere DataPower Integration Appliance XI50 / Integration Blade XI50B.
These solution implementers are also required to have conceptual understanding of WebSphere DataPower B2B Appliance XB60 and WebSphere DataPower Low Latency Appliance XM70.
An implementer who passes this exam is able to configure IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances:
- to accelerate XML processing.
- to secure SOA implementations.
- to integrate heterogeneous systems into SOA environments.
- to provide monitoring and service-level management for SOA governance.
To attain the IBM Certified Solution Implementer - WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances, Firmware V3.8.1 certification, candidates must possess the skills outlined under Recommended Prerequisites below and pass 1 test. To prepare for this test, based on the job role and test objectives, click the link to Test 000-609 below, and refer to the Test preparation tab.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
(Knowledge and skills one needs to possess before beginning to prepare for this job role certification; skills not measured on the test)
- Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, load balancing, packet tracing and failover)
- PKI (Digital certificates, Certificate Revocation Lists (CRL), SSL)
- Transports (MQ, JMS, FTP and HTTP)
- XML (XSD, XSLT/XPath)
- Web services (SOAP, WSDL and WS-Policy)
- Web services security (WS-Security, XML encryption and XML digital signature)
- Identity management software and protocols (Kerberos, LDAP and SAML)
- SOA Governance (web services management and registries)
- Data mapping and transformations
- Operations Management (logging and monitoring)
- Enterprise Architecture (SOA and Enterprise Security)
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- 000-609 - IBM WebSphere Datapower SOA Appliances Firmware V3.8.1, Solution Implementation
- contains questions requiring single and multiple answers. For multiple-answer questions, you need to choose all required options to get the answer correct. You will be advised how many options make up the correct answer.
- is designed to provide diagnostic feedback on the Examination Score Report, correlating back to the test objectives, informing the test taker how he or she did on each section of the test. As a result, to maintain the integrity of each test, questions and answers are not distributed