IBM Certified Solution Designer - MQ V8.0
Job Role Description / Target Audience
This intermediate level certification is intended for solution designers with significant product knowledge and practical skills who understand message oriented middleware concepts, are able to design IBM MQ V8.0 applications, and can plan and architect successful software solutions involving IBM MQ V8.0, Advanced Message Security (AMS) and Managed File Transfer (MFT) across all supported platforms.
These solution designers are generally self-sufficient and able to perform most of the tasks involved in the role with limited assistance.
To attain the IBM Certified Solution Designer - MQ V8.0 certification, candidates must pass 1 test. To prepare for the test, it is recommended to refer to the job role description and recommended prerequisite skills, and click the link to the test below to refer to the test objectives and the Test preparation tab.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
(Knowledge and foundational skills one needs to possess before acquiring skills measured on the certification test. These foundational skills are NOT measured on the test. For skills measured on the test, see Test Objectives.)
- Gather business requirements and translate them into Information Technology solutions.
- Experience in application and solution design.
- Knowledge of transaction management systems and database products.
- Knowledge of Information Technology security concepts.
- Knowledge of file transfer concepts.
- Knowledge of High Availability concepts.
- Knowledge and experience of basic programming concepts.
- Knowledge and experience of data communications and networking.
- Implement systems on multiple computing platforms.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- contains questions requiring single and multiple answers. For multiple-answer questions, you need to choose all required options to get the answer correct. You will be advised how many options make up the correct answer.
- is designed to provide diagnostic feedback on the Examination Score Report, correlating back to the test objectives, informing the test taker how he or she did on each section of the test. As a result, to maintain the integrity of each test, questions and answers are not distributed.