Job Role Description / Target Audience
This intermediate level certification is intended for business process analysts who design, analyze, test and validate business process models. These professionals can translate functional business requirements into business process models throughout the entire life cycle of the modeling project. They perform organization and resource modeling, analyze processes in a variety of dimensions, build accurate and realistic simulations, create reports, and identify business measures to address productivity and performance management.
This certification applies to business analysts who use IBM WebSphere Business Modeler Advanced Edition V7.0 for process modeling, analysis, simulation, reporting, and business measures definition. These business process analysts should also have a general understanding of Business Process Management (BPM) and how business modeling fits into the overall BPM life cycle.
It is expected that these business process analysts be self-sufficient and be able to perform the job-related tasks independently, with limited assistance from peers, product documentation and support services.
To attain the IBM Certified Business Process Analyst - WebSphere Business Modeler Advanced Edition V7.0 certification, candidates must possess the skills outlined under Recommended Prerequisites below and pass 1 test. To prepare for this test, based on the job role and test objectives, click the link to Test 000-606 below, and refer to the Test preparation tab.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
(Knowledge and skills one needs to possess before beginning to prepare for this job role certification; skills not measured on the test)
- understand business modeling terminology
- understand Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN)
- understand the SOA/Business Process Management (BPM) life cycle and methodology
- communicate with business users
- apply analytical and statistical analysis
- capture business requirements
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- contains questions requiring single and multiple answers. For multiple-answer questions, you need to choose all required options to get the answer correct. You will be advised how many options make up the correct answer.
- is designed to provide diagnostic feedback on the Examination Score Report, correlating back to the test objectives, informing the test taker how he or she did on each section of the test. As a result, to maintain the integrity of each test, questions and answers are not distributed