Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 12/31/2012. The most current certification is: IBM Certified Deployment Professional - WebSphere Process Server V7.0
This intermediate level certification is intended for deployment professionals that perform the installation, configuration and day-to-day tasks associated with ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the WebSphere Process Server runtime environment. This includes product installation, configuration and deployment of business processes and adapters, connecting to back-end resources and troubleshooting. These individuals tune and secure the WebSphere Process Server runtime environment with respect to resource utilization, scaling, clustering, deployment environments, and load balancing as appropriate.
This deployment professional is generally self-sufficient and is able to perform most of the tasks involved in the role with limited assistance from peers, product documentation and vendor support services.
To attain the IBM Certified Deployment Professional - WebSphere Process Server V6.2 certification, candidates must pass 2 tests. To gain additional knowledge and skills, and prepare for this test based on the job role and test objectives, take the link to the test below, and refer to the Test Preparation tab.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
(Note: Knowledge and skills one needs to possess before beginning to prepare for this job role certification)
Test 253 or 806:
- Good understanding of WebSphere runtime topologies
- Good understanding of HTTP server concepts
- Good understanding of basic Internet concepts (e.g., firewalls, web browsers, TCP/IP, SSL, HTTP, etc.)
- Good understanding of standard markup languages such as XML and HTML
- Basic knowledge of Web services (e.g., SOAP, UDDI, WSDL, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of relational database management systems
- Basic knowledge of bean scripting framework languages
- Be able to describe differences between the various WebSphere Application Server V6 editions
- basic WebSphere administration skills
- basic J2EE knowledge
- basic WebSphere security concepts
- basic Web application architecture and deployments
- basic understanding of operating systems
- basic clustering and failover techniques
- troubleshooting and problem determination skills
- General knowledge of Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE) and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment administration
This certification requires 2 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- Any 1 of the following tests:
- 000-375 - IBM WebSphere Process Server V6.2, System Administration
- The following test-taking sequence is recommended: (253 or 806) --> 375
- Each test:
- contains questions requiring single and multiple answers. For multiple-answer questions, you need to choose all required options to get the answer correct. You will be advised how many options make up the correct answer.
- is designed to provide diagnostic feedback on the Examination Score Report, correlating back to the test objectives, informing the test taker how he or she did on each section of the test. As a result, to maintain the integrity of each test, questions and answers are not distributed.