IBM Certified Solution Implementer - SmartCloud Notes Hybrid Configuration and Onboarding with Data Transfer
Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 10/31/2014.
An IBM Certified Solution Implementer - SmartCloud Notes Hybrid Configuration and Onboarding with Data Transfer is a person who can demonstrate the design, plan, architecture and user onboarding of an IBM SmartCloud Notes hybrid implementation. They can do this with limited assistance from support, documentation or relevant subject matter experts.
Key areas of competency include:
- Demonstrate the IBM Cloud Computing concepts and design principles
- Demonstrate the ability to provide a customer with a roadmap from their current Lotus Domino environment to an IBM SmartCloud Notes solution
- Architect and implement a comprehensive solution that utilizes the IBM SmartCloud Notes design and architecture principles to meet the customer's requirements
- Demonstrate the applicability of other complementary IBM SmartCloud capabilities
- Execute the supported user and data transition processes
This certification is intended for solution implementers who are responsible for developing, configuring, troubleshooting and deploying the IBM SmartCloud Notes hybrid solution. The solution implementers are able to independently perform IBM SmartCloud Notes project assignments.
A solution implementer who passes this exam is able to:
- recognize the overall scope of a SmartCloud Notes transition project
- understand the assessment, planning and preparation stages of the project
- understand the user and data transition stages and how they relate to the overall project
- understand the primary prerequisites that must be met prior to starting user transition
- understand the existing Lotus Domino environment and determine whether it meets the minimum requirements for successful integration with IBM SmartCloud Notes
- advise customers of the IBM SmartCloud Notes hybrid architecture and requirements
- understand and validate the customer requirements against which IBM SmartCloud Notes is being positioned
- develop a suitable architecture to satisfy the solution requirements while respecting IBM SmartCloud Notes capabilities
- plan for the transition from the existing environment to the desired end state
- prepare the existing Lotus Domino environment, users and databases in readiness for IBM SmartCloud Notes deployment
- implement and validate the IBM SmartCloud Notes hybrid architecture
- implement the required staging server and tools that will be used to execute the transition
- execute the IBM transition process to capture data, upload and provision users with their existing mail databases into the IBM SmartCloud Notes service
- resolve issues arising during the data capture, upload and provisioning stages of the process
- support the Lotus Notes client reconfiguration process and web browser only user transition
- perform cleanup and decommissioning of the on-premises Lotus Domino environment (as necessary)
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
The following skills are required for successful completion of this certification:
- Installation and configuration of Lotus Domino 8.5.x servers
- Mail routing configuration and messaging integration in single and multiple domain environments (Domino NRPC, SMTP, etc.)
- Configuration and use of connection documents to manage server connectivity, replication and mail routing
- Configuration and use of Lotus Domino passthru functionality
- Configuration and use of Lotus Domino free-time for calendar scheduling
- Configuration and use of Lotus Domino room and resource reservations
- Configuration and use of Lotus Domino security and access controls at various levels (server, database, agent, passthru, ID vault, etc.)
- Management and administration of Lotus Domino servers using the Domino Administrator client
- Lotus Notes client configuration, policy, location and connection document usage
- Configuration and use of standard FTP client tools
- Troubleshooting and resolution of issues found in the functional areas described above
The following skills are recommended for successful completion of this certification:
- Configuration and use of Lotus Domino administration policies and settings documents
- Working knowledge of firewall rules and concepts
- Working knowledge of Domain Name Services (DNS) including CNAME records
- Working knowledge of TCPIP network routing and tracing / troubleshooting connectivity between two endpoints
This certification requires 1 certification + 1 education course(s) + 1 test(s)
1 of the following Certification(s) required:
1. IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 8.5
Education Course(s) required:
SmartCloud Notes Hybrid Configuration & Onboarding Data Transfer Course
Enrollment in this course, which is delivered via an engagement with ISSC, is managed through a Statement of Work (SOW). This SOW also depends upon a General Services Agreement in place.
Note: This course is required prior to taking the test. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be given a voucher that you will be required to provide when scheduling - and before taking - the test.
Please join the IBM SmartCloud Notes Onboarding Certification Community to learn more about this class.
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives and suggested training. Note: Discounts do not apply to this test.
1. Test LOT-958 - IBM SmartCloud Notes Hybrid Config & Onboard Data Transfer