IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 8
Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 04/30/2013. The most current certification is: IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 8.5
This certification is for experienced Domino 7 system administrators or system administrators new to Domino and who need to plan, install, set up, and manage Lotus Domino 8 servers and users. The IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes Domino 8 should be able to perform the tasks associated with the IBM Certified Associate System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 8 and demonstrate skills associated with growth in expanding a Domino infrastructure through such areas as clustering, expanded monitoring configurations and replication/mail routing topologies.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
- Domino and DB2 Integration
- Installation and configuration
- Mail and messaging
- Management and maintenance
- Management of servers
- Defining Domino attributes
- Understanding, configuring, and managing security
There are 2 paths for this certification.
Path 1 requires 3 tests:
1. Test LOT-847 - IBM Lotus Notes Domino 8 System Administration Operating Fundamentals
2. Test LOT-848 - IBM Lotus Notes Domino 8 Building the Infrastructure
3. Test LOT-849 - IBM Lotus Notes Domino 8 Managing Servers and Users
Path 2 requires 1 certification + 1 test.
1. IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 7
1. Test LOT-802 - IBM Lotus Notes Domino 8 System Administration Update