Job Role Description / Target Audience
This intermediate level certification is intended for solution implementers who are responsible for developing, configuring, troubleshooting and deploying the IBM Sterling B2B Integrator V5.2. The solution implementers are able to independently perform IBM Sterling B2B Integrator V5.2 project assignments.
A solution implementer who passes this exam is able to configure IBM Sterling B2B Integrator V5.2 to:
- develop and implement B2B processes using Graphical Process Modeler (GPM) and Business Process Modeling Language (BPML)
- use techniques to develop and implement efficient B2B processes
- provide visibility, status and tracking of business transactions with trading partners
- develop and implement adaptor service configurations
- develop and implement data transformation
- develop and implement data content parsing and extraction
- develop and implement data routing
- use supported industry standards, prebuilt processes and services (for example: EDI, EDIINT, etc.)
- enable perimeter security for B2B file transfers
- perform basic troubleshooting
- perform basic performance tuning
- configure trading partners
To attain the IBM Certified Solution Implementer - IBM Sterling B2B Integrator V5.2 certification, candidates must possess the skills outlined under Recommended Prerequisite Skills below and pass 1 test. To gain additional knowledge and skills, and prepare for the test based on the job role and test objectives, click on the link for Test 000-218 below.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
(Note: Knowledge and skills one needs to possess before beginning to prepare for this job role certification)
- conceptual understanding of operating systems
- basic understanding of databases and SQL
- understanding of B2B industry standards (for example: X12, EDIFACT, etc.)
- understanding of basic XML concepts and languages (for example: XSD, etc.)
- Ecommerce Essential Class (010W) XML Essentials Class (040W)
- conceptual understanding of firewalls and load balancers
- conceptual understanding of a JVM
- conceptual understanding of networking
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.