IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere Commerce V7.0
Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 05/31/2015. The most current certification is: IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere Commerce V7 (FEP 8)
This intermediate level certification is intended for system administrators with extensive product knowledge who primarily install, configure, perform migration and maintain e-commerce sites using IBM WebSphere Commerce V7.0 (either Enterprise, Professional or Express editions). These system administrators have a general awareness of how the product components interact and the capabilities of the components, as well as the configurations and architecture of production and staging systems.
These system administrators can handle the following administrative tasks:
- install and configure the product for production and staging environments
- perform migration to WebSphere Commerce V7.0
- scale up and deploy in a WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment environment
- publish a store, configure it, and verify that it is working
- perform ongoing site and store administration and maintenance tasks
- use administration tools
- enable and configure payments framework
- configure WebSphere Commerce messaging transports
- set up and control WebSphere Commerce site security
- load data into WebSphere Commerce database
- perform troubleshooting and diagnostic tracing
- apply fixes and fix packs
- install feature packs and enable features
- deploy and update customized code
- monitor and tune system performance
These system administrators do not write Java code or customize sites, so they do not need to have Java programming experience, but do need basic knowledge of J2EE based technologies.
This certification covers the base product, as well as the updates in Feature Packs 1, 2 and 3.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
Before preparing for this certification, the following knowledge and skills are recommended and assumed:
- basic knowledge of e-commerce practices
- basic knowledge of mark-up languages (e.g., HTML, XML)
- basic knowledge of J2EE technology
- basic knowledge of integration techniques
- operating system knowledge
- skills in network administration
- skills in relational database administration
- experience in administering a web server and email server
- experience with WebSphere Application Server V7.0 with emphasis on administration and tuning
- experience with clustering
In preparing for this certification, the following IBM course is recommended to further improve your skills associated with the exam topics. Refer to the Test Preparation web page for additional information and recommendations.
- 6T223G: IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 System Administration
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.