Job Role Description / Target Audience
This certification is intended for an intermediate or advanced level application developer specializing in creating applications that run on any of the DB2 platforms: Linux, UNIX (including AIX, HP-UX, and Sun Solaris), and Windows, z/OS, s/390, and iSeries.
To attain the IBM Certified Application Developer - DB2 9 Certification candidates must possess the skills outlined under Recommended Prerequisite Skills below and pass 2 tests. To gain additional knowledge and skills, and prepare for the tests based on the job role and test objectives, take the link to the test below, and refer to the Test Preparation tab.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
(knowledge and skills one needs to possess before beginning to prepare for this role-based certification)
- Significant experience as a DB2 9 Application Developer
- Strong skills in common programming tasks
Some skills in at least one of the following:
- Embedded SQL programming
- ODBC/CLI programming
- NET programming
- Java programming
This certification requires 2 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- Test 000-733 - DB2 9 Application Developer
- Any 1 of the following tests:
- Test 000-700 - DB2 V8.1 Family Fundamentals
- Test 000-706 - Upgrade to DB2 V8.1 for Linux UNIX and Windows Database Administration
- Test 000-730 - DB2 9 Family Fundamentals