Job Role Description / Target Audience
The IBM Certified Systems Expert: Virtualization Technical Support for IBM i is a person with 3-5 years experience designing, implementing and administering highly virtualized systems whose primary operating system is IBM i 7.1. The successful candidate is expert at managing small to large environments, with a strong understanding of the Power Systems family of servers, their capabilities, relevant hardware features (including I/O and appropriate storage). The virtualization expert is comfortable in single and dual HMC environments, using and managing VIO Server and Integrated Virtualization Manager (IVM), and understands and configures both internal and external storage presented to IBM i. He or she has strong networking skills, especially related to inter- and intra-partition communication.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
- 3-4 years experience designing and managing highly virtualized systems (over and above typical system administration tasks)
- Expert skills with HMC, VIO Server, IVM
- Strong knowledge of FSP concepts and skills
- Strong experience designing virtualized systems, including IBM i hosting other operating systems [such as AIX and Linux] in addition to hosting IBM i
- Strong understanding of SAN concepts
- Strong knowledge of the Power Systems family of servers, relevant I/O features, and external storage appropriate to the situation
- Familiarity with System Planning Tool (SPT) and its uses
- Strong networking skills, relative to IBM i hosting IBM i partitions and virtual networking used in VIO server to client partitions.
This certification requires 2 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- Test 000-121 - Virtualization Technical Support for IBM i -v1
- Test 000-129 - IBM i 7.1 Administration