Job Role Description / Target Audience
The IBM Certified System Administrator: IBM i 7.1 is a person with at least 2 years experience, preferably more, administering IBM i running on Power Systems servers. He or she is familiar with all aspects of system administration, including upgrades from previous releases, backup and recovery, storage management, using journaling, understands the differences between different types of ASPs and their uses, and has strong HMC skills.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
- 2 or more years of experience administering Power Systems environments running IBM i
- At least one major system hardware upgrade (for example POWER6 to POWER7)
- At least one major operating system upgrade (for example, IBM i 5.4 or 6.1 to 7.1)
- At least one full system restore (as if from a site-down crash)
- Some experience in managing partitioned systems
- Strong experience in using journaling, especially remote journaling
- Understands the differences between independent ASPs, *SYSBAS, and traditional ASPs
- Understands the functional differences between logical replication and clustering
- Keeps up with Technology Refreshes, and has an awareness with new features and functions
- Some experience managing IBM i with SAN-attached storage
- Working knowledge of the HMC
- Is very familiar with the Memo to Users as of April 2012, and TR 4
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.