IBM Certified Technical Sales Specialist - Power Systems with POWER7 and IBM i -v2
Job Role Description / Target Audience
The IBM Certified Technical Sales Specialist - Power Systems with POWER7 and IBM i - v2 is the key technical liaison between the customer, the Power Systems solution sales representative, and IBM. A successful candidate is able to determine customer requirements including growth, understand the components of a TCO analysis, provides ongoing technical assistance to sales and account team, understands competitive offerings, and can size and determine the appropriate customer solutions (including solutions for server consolidation/virtualization).
In addition, the successful candidate is expected to understand the capabilities and limitations of the Power Systems technologies, understands and participate in the TDA process, and possesses knowledge across range of IBM Systems Software, and relevant IBM Software Group products.
At least 1.5 to 2 years in the pre-sales technical job role are recommended, with 6-12 months in a leadership position, advising field sales personnel and designing solutions to be sold and installed.
The successful candidate will have participated in at least 10-12 system and solution design opportunities including:
- At least 5-6 opportunities in a technical leadership role
- At least 6 new system placements for Power 710 through Power 740
- At least 5 upgrades or migrations from older hardware (POWER5 and POWER6)
- At least one medium/ large system opportunity (Power 750, 770, 780 etc)
Additionally, the successful candidate will have taken education recommended for these exams and consistently uses best practices when designing solutions
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
Specific skills of the successful candidate include:
- Know the POWER7 product line, through February 2013 announcement, including PureSystems compute nodes based on POWER.
- Know the POWER5 and POWER6 product as they apply to upgrade and migration situations
- Understand operating system licensing (primarily IBM i but has some AIX and Linux awareness), including considerations for migrating or transferring operating system licenses between systems
- Positioning Systems Software and IBM Software Group products/licensing (such as PowerVM, PowerHA, Rational, and Tivoli, and when each is appropriate)
- Strong skills in gathering customer requirements (including both processing requirements and understanding physical limitations in the customer environment)
- Has some knowledge of capacity planning
- Can design a solution to support customer requirements, including planning for
- Hardware migration tasks
- Virtualization planning/design skill
- VIO Server hosting various OS's
This certification requires 2 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.