IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert - Power Systems with AIX v3
Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 10/31/2015.
The Certified Advanced Technical Expert - Power Systems with AIX - v3 will have a minimum of three years core AIX functional experience including virtualization and high availability skills. Technical experience with IBM platforms which connect to Power Systems hardware (System x, Systems Storage) is also required. This experience includes two job role skills:
- Analyzing customer business and technical requirements and needs, designing Power Systems solutions which include attached IBM System x and Systems Storage, and implementing the solution.
- Installing, integrating, implementing, and supporting multiple varieties of Power Systems solutions.
The target audience for this certification is technical personnel:
- Business Partners and IBMers who sell, design, implement, and provide services for Power Systems customers,
- Customers whose staff support large, highly virtualized and diverse computing environments
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
- Minimum of three years Power Systems and AIX functional experience (must be able to work with current hardware and software).
- Has substantial understanding of business requirements and how Power Systems solutions with AIX can meet those requirements.
- Deep technical experience including designing, installing, integrating, implementing, and supporting multiple varieties of AIX based solutions, including implementing and supporting attached IBM System x and Systems Storage solutions
- Has practical applied knowledge in certain key technical areas such as virtualized environments, high availability, and storage management.
This certification requires 5 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
C4040-108 - Enterprise Technical Support for AIX and Linux -v2
Any 1 of the following tests:
Test C4060-089 - System x Technical Fundamentals V11
Test C4060-156 - System x Server Family Technical Support V1
Test C4090-451 - IBM Midrange Storage Technical Support V3
Test C4090-958 - Enterprise Storage Technical Support V3
Test C4090-968 - High-End Disk for Open Systems V2
Test C4090-969 - High-End Tape V6