IBM Certified Associate - Social Software and Unified Communications
Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 12/31/2014.
An IBM Certified Associate - Social Software and Unified Communications is an individual with entry level knowledge and experience with IBM Connections and IBM Sametime. This individual is knowledgeable about the fundamental concepts of these products through either hands-on experience or formal and informal education. The associate should have an in-depth knowledge of the basic to intermediate tasks required in day-to-day use of these products.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
Key Areas of Competency
For all three products, understand:
- Basic product architecture
- Install and Configure
Prerequisite skills required:
- Working knowledge of IBM WebSphere Application Server, Java Enterprise Edition technologies, web servers, and Eclipse
- Working knowledge of IBM Lotus Domino
- Working knowledge of client-side browser technologies
- Working knowledge of OS, networking, and firewall concepts
- Basic knowledge of security (SSL, data encryption)
- Basic knowledge of supported database software
- Basic knowledge of protocols including HTTP, LDAP
- Basic knowledge of problem determination
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- How does your salary compare to national averages? Help Global Knowledge and IBM discover the answers by participating in 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.