IBM Certified Advanced System Administrator - WebSphere Portal 8.5
Job Role Description / Target Audience
This advanced level certification is intended for system administrators who perform the installation, configuration, and day-to-day tasks associated with ensuring a smooth and efficient operation of an IBM WebSphere Portal 8.5 environment. This administrator is generally self-sufficient and is able to perform most of the tasks involved in the role with limited assistance from peers, product documentation, or support services and a WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment and Liberty Profile environment.
The candidate must possess the requisite skills needed to perform the following administration task areas associated with WebSphere Portal 8.0 prior to attempting the certification exam(s):
- Installing and Updating
- Monitoring and Performance
- Setting up a Website
- Staging to Production
This includes WAS tasks related to:
- Product Installation, Configuration and Maintenance
- Application Management (Assembly, Deployment and Configuration)
- Administrative Tools
- Security configuration and Maintenance
- Clustering and Workload Management
- Intelligent Management and Resiliency
- Performance Monitoring and Tuning
- Problem Determination
This system administrator is generally self-sufficient and is able to perform most of the tasks involved in the role with limited assistance from peers, product documentation and vendor support services.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
The prerequisite knowledge and skills one needs before beginning to prepare for this job role certification include:
- Basic WebSphere Portal administration skills, including experience with IBM WebSphere Application Server and JVM environments, databases, and security
- Basic understanding of operating systems
- Troubleshooting and problem determination skills
- basic Java Enterprise Edition 6 knowledge
- basic web application architecture and deployments
- basic utilization of the command line interface and Jython/Jacl
- understanding of operating systems
- network and operating system security concepts
- network or operating system administration and problem determination skills
This certification requires 1 certification(s) + 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- How does your salary compare to national averages? Help Global Knowledge and IBM discover the answers by participating in 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.