IBM Certified Advanced System Administrator - WebSphere Portal 8.0
Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 03/31/2017. The most current certification is: IBM Certified Advanced System Administrator - WebSphere Portal 8.5
This certification is intended for system administrators who perform the installation, configuration and day-to-day tasks associated with ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of a WebSphere Application Server 8.0 runtime environment and a WebSphere Portal 8.0 environment.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
The candidate must possess the requisite skills needed to perform the following administrative task areas before attempting the required WebSphere Application Server 8.0 certification exam:
- basic Java Enterprise Edition 6 knowledge
- basic Web application architecture and deployments
- network and operating system security concepts
- network or operating system administration and problem determination skills
- understanding of operating systems
The candidate must possess the requisite skills needed to perform the following administration task areas associated with WebSphere Portal 8.0 prior to attempting the certification exam(s):
- Architecting a WebSphere Portal Solution
- Installing and Configuring
- Managing Security
- Customizing and Administering
- Maintaining and Monitoring
- WebSphere Portal Content Management
- Troubleshooting and Serviceability
- WebSphere Portal Integration
- Migration and Other Concepts
This administrator is generally self-sufficient and is able to perform most of the tasks involved in the role with limited assistance from peers, product documentation and vendor support services.
This certification requires 1 certification(s) + 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.