Job Role Description / Target Audience
This intermediate level certification is intended for system administrators who perform the installation, configuration, and day-to-day tasks associated with ensuring a smooth and efficient operation of a WebSphere Portal 7.0 environment. This administrator is generally self-sufficient and is able to perform most of the tasks involved in the role with limited assistance from peers, product documentation and/or support services.
The candidate must possess the requisite skills needed to perform the following administration task areas associated with WebSphere Portal 7.0 prior to attempting the certification exam(s):
- Architecting a Portal Solution
- Installing and Configuring
- Managing Security
- Customizing and Administering
- Maintaining and Monitoring
- Portal Content Management
- Troubleshooting and Serviceability
- Integrating Your Business
- Migration and Other Concepts
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
The prerequisite knowledge and skills one needs before beginning to prepare for this job role certification include:
- Basic WebSphere Portal administration skills, including experience with a WebSphere Application Server and JVM environments, databases and security
- Basic understanding of operating systems
- Troubleshooting and problem determination skills
There are 2 paths for this certification. One path is the upgrade path from IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM WebSphere Portal V6.1.
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
This upgrade path requires 1 certification and 1 test:
1 . Certification: IBM Certified System Administrator - IBM WebSphere Portal V6.1
This path requires 2 tests: