Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 10/31/2012. The most current certification is: IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere Portal 7.0
This intermediate level certification is intended for system administrators who perform the installation, configuration and day-to-day tasks associated with ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of a WebSphere Portal 6.1 environment. This administrator is generally self-sufficient and is able to perform most of the tasks involved in the role with limited assistance from peers, product documentation and vendor support services.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
Prerequisite knowledge and skills one needs to possess before beginning to prepare for this job role certification:
- Basic WebSphere Portal administration skills
- Basic J2EE knowledge
- Basic understanding of operating systems
- Troubleshooting and problem determination skills
The candidate must possess the requisite skills needed to perform the following tasks associated with Portal 6.1 prior to attempting the certification test:
- Architecting a Portal Solution
- Installing and Configuring
- Managing Security
- Customizing and Administering
- Maintaining and Monitoring
- Portal Content Management
- Integrating Your Business
- Other Concepts ( ex., migration)
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- LOT-955 - IBM WebSphere Portal 6.1 Deployment and Administration