IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V8.5.5 and Liberty Profile
Job Role Description / Target Audience
This intermediate level certification is intended for system administrators (and system integrators, infrastructure architects, application architects and solutions architects) who perform the installation, configuration and day-to-day tasks associated with ensuring the smooth, reliable, and efficient operation of a WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment and Liberty Profile environment.
This includes tasks related to:
- Product Installation, Configuration and Maintenance
- Application Management (Assembly, Deployment and Configuration)
- Administrative Tools
- Security configuration and Maintenance
- Clustering and Workload Management
- Intelligent Management and Resiliency
- Performance Monitoring and Tuning
- Problem Determination
This system administrator is generally self-sufficient and is able to perform most of the tasks involved in the role with limited assistance from peers, product documentation and vendor support services.
To attain the IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V8.5.5 and Liberty Profile certification, candidates must pass 1 test. To prepare for the test, it is recommended to refer to the job role description and recommended prerequisite skills, and click the link to the test below to refer to the test objectives (skills measured on the test) and the test preparation tab.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
(Knowledge and foundational skills one needs to possess before acquiring skills measured on the certification test. These foundational skills are NOT measured on the test. For skills measured on the test, see Test Objectives.)
- basic Java Enterprise Edition 6 knowledge
- basic web application architecture and deployments
- basic utilization of the command line interface and Jython/Jacl
- understanding of operating systems
- network and operating system security concepts
- network or operating system administration and problem determination skills
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- contains questions requiring single and multiple answers. For multiple-answer questions, you need to choose all required options to get the answer correct. You will be advised how many options make up the correct answer.
- is designed to provide diagnostic feedback on the Examination Score Report, correlating back to the test objectives, informing the test taker how he or she did on each section of the test. As a result, to maintain the integrity of each test, questions and answers are not distributed.
- How does your salary compare to national averages? Help Global Knowledge and IBM discover the answers by participating in 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.