Job Role Description / Target Audience
This intermediate level certification is intended for system administrators who perform the installation, configuration and day-to-day tasks associated with ensuring the smooth, reliable and efficient operation of a WebSphere Application Server runtime environment.
This includes tasks related to:
2. Installation, Configuration and Maintenance
3. Application Management (Assembly, Deployment and Configuration)
4. Administrative Tools
6. Clustering and Workload Management
7. Intelligent Management and Resiliency
8. Performance Monitoring and Tuning
9. Problem Determination
This system administrator is generally self-sufficient and is able to perform most of the tasks involved in the role with limited assistance from peers, product documentation and vendor support services.
To attain the IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V8.5 certification, candidates must possess the skills outlined under Recommended Prerequisites below and pass 1 test. To prepare for this test, based on the job role and test objectives, click the link to Test 000-318 below, and refer to the Test preparation tab.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
(knowledge and skills one needs to possess before beginning to prepare for this job role certification)
- basic Java Enterprise Edition 6 knowledge
- basic Web application architecture and deployments
- network and operating system security concepts
- network or operating system administration and problem determination skills
- understanding of operating systems.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- contains questions requiring single answers.
- is designed to provide diagnostic feedback on the Examination Score Report, correlating back to the test objectives, informing the test taker how he or she did on each section of the test. As a result, to maintain the integrity of each test, questions and answers are not distributed.