Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 08/31/2013. The most current certification is: IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V7.0
Note: This certification retires Aug. 31, 2013.
This intermediate level certification is intended for system administrators who perform the installation, configuration and day-to-day tasks associated with ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of a WebSphere server runtime environment.
- product installation and configuration
- installation and deployment of J2EE applications
- connecting to back-end resources
- basic troubleshooting
- using scripts for automating day to day tasks
- gathering the data for performance tuning
- configuration of security
This administrator is generally self-sufficient and is able to perform most of the tasks involved in the role with limited assistance from peers, product documentation and vendor support services.
To attain the IBM Certified System Administrator - WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V6.1 candidates must possess the skills outlined under Recommended Prerequisite Skills below and pass 1 test. To gain additional knowledge and skills, and prepare for the tests based on the job role and test objectives, take the link to the test below, and refer to the Test Preparation tab.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
(knowledge and skills one needs to possess before beginning to prepare for this job role certification)
- basic WebSphere administration skills
- basic J2EE knowledge
- basic WebSphere security concepts
- basic Web application architecture and deployments
- basic understanding of operating systems
- basic clustering and failover techniques
- troubleshooting and problem determination skills
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.