Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 10/31/2012. The most current certification is: IBM Certified Solution Developer - WebSphere Portal 7.0
This certification targets intermediate level J2EE developers, architects or consultants with extensive product knowledge, who design or develop portal solutions. These individuals have a breadth of knowledge in operational services and skills for IBM WebSphere Portal V6.1.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
Prerequisite knowledge and skills one needs to possess before beginning to prepare for this job role certification:
- Strong knowledge of JAVA programming
- Experience with Rational Application Developer (RAD)
- Experience with JavaServer Pages Standard Tag library (JSTL)
- In-depth understanding of WebSphere Portal
- Understanding of J2EE Web container programming
The following knowledge and skills need to be attained prior to attempting the certification test:
- program and design portal solutions using IBM WebSphere Portal V6.1
- develop, test, debug, deploy, and configure portlets based on JSR 168, and JSR 286 and the IBM provided extensions plus other applicable JAVA standards for portlet development.
- understand portal development, portlet development, and debugging using IBM Rational Application Developer (RAD) 7.5
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- LOT-959 - IBM WebSphere Portal 6.1 Application Development