IBM Certified Associate Developer - Rational Application Developer V8
Job Role Description / Target Audience
This certification targets entry level developers. This certification requires product knowledge and practical experience with IBM Rational Application Developer v8.
This certification involves a stand-alone entry level test and is a prerequisite for other IBM certifications. It is intended for new adopters of IBM Rational Application Developer v8, specifically professionals and students entering into Web and Java EE development using IBM products. Areas not covered as part of this certification because they are specifically addressed by other IBM certification offerings include Portal development, Enterprise Generation Language (EGL), and XML tools. Additionally, Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) application development is not covered is this certification.
The Associate Developer provides application development services related to design, implementation, testing, debugging, and deployment of Java EE applications. The applications typically make use of HTML, Servlets, JavaServer Pages (JSPs), JavaServer Faces (JSF), Enterprise Beans (EJB), web services, and Java Persistence API (JPA).
The Associate Developer applies object-oriented analysis and design techniques, makes proper use of the IBM Rational Application Developer V8.0 product and exhibits the ability to use the Java language to develop simple Web and Java EE applications.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
(knowledge and skills one needs to possess before beginning to prepare for this job role certification; skills not measured on the exam)
- Basic knowledge of Java development
- Basic knowledge of Java EE development (web and enterprise)
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- contains questions requiring single and multiple answers. For multiple-answer questions, you need to choose all required options to get the answer correct. You will be advised how many options make up the correct answer.
- is designed to provide diagnostic feedback on the Examination Score Report, correlating back to the test objectives, informing the test taker how he or she did on each section of the test. As a result, to maintain the integrity of each test, questions and answers are not distributed
- How does your salary compare to national averages? Help Global Knowledge and IBM discover the answers by participating in 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.